A Loading Certificate or Inspection Report comes from SGS or similar and typically includes:
- A thorough check of the overall appearance of the cargo and any packaging.
- Verification of loading the product by checking the number and size of each part of the shipment against the contract.
- Ensuring the following the proper handling procedures during loading.
- Also ensuring that the transport medium is clean and sanitary.
- Ensuring the adequate stowing, securing and protection of the shipment from the elements.
It is also important from the seller’s perspective to obtain a Loading Certificate; as it is additional proof in case of the mishap in transit that the seller took all due care to ensure successful delivery to the buyer.